Brass Padlock Installation, Use And Maintenance
Brass padlocks are closely related to our daily lives. Improper installation or use will have a certain impact on our lives. The following introduces the common sense of the installation and maintenance of brass padlocks:
One, the installation of the lock
1. An experienced carpenter or a master lock installer with considerable knowledge should be hired. And according to the fixed distance template in the product manual, drill and gouge the bracket socket, lock plate and lock box hole to prepare for installation.
2. Check whether the drill hole is accurate, and strictly follow the steps in the product installation manual. If the lock switch is found to be inflexible or unable to open after installation, you should promptly consult the product distributor or manufacturer's technical service department and after-sales service department to solve it.
3. If there is no problem with the product installation and inspection, remove the product and wait for the door paint to dry (recommended for more than 2-3 days), and then reinstall the lock. The purpose is:
Avoid paint sticking to the lock product, affecting the appearance and performance (often because the paint sticks to the lock, making the transmission inflexible)
Because the chemical gas will corrode the product when the paint is not completely dry, it will accelerate the change of the surface treatment of the product, affect the appearance, and reduce the service life of the lock.
Two, use and maintenance of the lock
When the lock is in use, pay attention to its maintenance.
1. The transmission part of the lock body should be lubricated frequently to keep the transmission stable and prolong the service life. It is recommended to check once every six months or every year, and check whether the fastening screws are loose to ensure the fastening.
2. When the lock is in use, there are regular (half a year or a year) or the key is not smoothly inserted, a small amount of graphite powder or pencil powder can be put into the lock core slot to ensure that the key is inserted smoothly. However, do not add any other lubricating oil for lubrication, so as to avoid the grease sticking to the pin spring, causing the lock head to be unable to rotate or open.
3. Frequently check the fit gap between the lock body and the lock plate, whether the height of the lock tongue and the lock plate hole is appropriate, and the best fit between the door and the door frame is 1.5mm-2.5mm. If any changes are found, the position of the hinge or lock plate on the door should be adjusted. At the same time, pay attention to the cold shrinkage and thermal expansion caused by the weather (wet spring, dry winter) to ensure that the gap between the door and the door frame, the lock body, and the lock plate is reasonable to ensure the smooth use of the lock.
We are brass padlock suppliers. Please feel free to contact us if you are interested in our products.